11. How much does it cost to generate a QR code? Some companies offer their generators for free and others charge a small fee. It will depend on which option you choose.
12. Can I track how many people scan my QR code? Yes you can track the number of users that scan your QR code. Tracking programs are available from code generators.
13. Where did QR codes come from? QR codes originated in Japan by a company called Denso-Wave and were first used in 1994. They were used to track vehicle parts. They are used in a much larger capacity now.
14. Can I customize my QR code? Yes you can customize your QR code. Customization is available but usually there is a fee.
15. What are the advantages to using QR codes? There are several advantages to using QR codes. Visibility, increased low cost advertising, the lure of new technology and the chance to pull in a new group of customers are all good things that can come from QR codes. You also have the ability to use a bit more creativity in your marketing. Some companies are using QR codes to get customers involved in games or scavenger hunts that lead to prizes. This sort of advertising can create a buzz that may not occur with printed advertisements.
16. Are the disadvantages to QR codes? While using QR codes can open up a new market they can also close you off to a segment of the market. Not everyone owns a smart phone with scanning capabilities. There will always be people who won’t trust the technology used to promote QR codes. The disadvantages will most likely fade as awareness of the QR codes themselves increases. Marketing statistics also show that smart phone purchases are on the rise.